Neuromancer - A Hack into My Mind

Google

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

I heart Apple


It's been two months since I bought my second laptop. My first laptop, an HP was at the time a good machine, however it was getting real old, very fast! Windows XP has changed so much since you could get away with a 1.2Ghz processor and 512Mb of memory. I realized this when I restored my computer back to it's factory settings, it was so much faster is was like a new machine, I went online and updated Windows. After a good hour of downloading on a 3.5Mb/s connection I rebooted the machine.

When it had booted up, I was suddenly whisked to 1995 and as if by magic I was using an ancient computer system. It's not as exciting as it sounds. Waiting up to 10 seconds for the start menu to appear is not a fun user experience. I had known for a while that it was time to dump my trusty HP for something different. Very different.

I'm an avid user of the Apple Macs they have at college, although they are all 1.8Ghz G5 machines with 1Gb of memory so it isn't surprising that they were fast. Insanely fast compared to my little HP. However the user experience and the software turned a die hard Windows user like me into an Apple snob. That's right, I have a Mac, I am better than you!

Okay, I still use Windows because you can't game on a Mac and all of my computer forensics tools I use for my degree are Windows only. I wish I could do those things on my Mac but I can't and it sucks.

Apple Macs have amazing software and that's what did it for me as well as the lure of more power. I have fell in love with Pages, who needs Word, I don't! Keynote owns Powerpoint hands down. The iLife 05 package is essential to your life, trust me, once you use it you will die if it's taken away from you.

I purchased the newly updated Apple Mac iBook G4, 1.33Ghz, 1Gb memory, 80Gb hard drive, wireless, Bluetooth the works. It's the fastest laptop I have ever used and having a 5 hour battery life is great.

I think I have sucked up to Apple and Steve Jobs enough now, he gets so much of that he must be sore!

If you have ever told someone Macs suck, go use one, and not an old one, a new 2005 model. You will be surprised.
Think different people, for gods sake think different!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home